Townsville is a tropical city located in North East Australia. We are a small friendly city with a lot of things to see and do whilst you are visiting. You can go Snorkeling or Scuba Diving on the Great Barrier Reef or the World Famous Yongala Wreck or spend a weekend at stunning Magnetic Island. You can explore the outback charm of Charters Towers or the Heritage Tea Rooms. You can even explore the beautiful rainforest at Paluma National Park, take a refreshing dip at Crystal Creek and be back in time to play Beach Volleyball on the Strand. Townsville is a great place to visit and an even greater place to live.
Some Quick Facts!
- Townsville has a population of nearly 200,000 people
- Townsville is a 3 hour flight North from Sydney, 2 hours North from Brisbane and 40 minutes south from Cairns
- Townsville has an average of over 300 days of sunshine per/year
- Townsville has been designated a ‘Safe Community’ by the World Health Organisation
- Townsville has a tropical and comfortable climate
- Townsville has lots to offer visitors including events such as the Townsville 400 V8 car race, The Australian Chamber Music Festival and many other events.
- Townsville has a team in the national Rugby League called “The Cowboys” and a team in the National Basketball League called “The Crocs”.
- Townsville has a relaxed friendly and safe atmosphere, but you can also go out and have a great time at the Night Clubs or many fine restaurants.
- Whatever you want to do – Townsville has it!